Once you’ve tasted a cup of coffee, you’ve tasted them all – NOT! Though for some people, this may hold true, it certainly is not true for me. I am sure that coffee lovers out there would agree with me as well.
There are so many kinds of coffee out there and even with just one kind, you can make so many things out of it and you will get a different concoction each time. As Christmas is fast approaching, I have been on the look out for a different recipe that I could use. My family certainly loves coffee – no matter what kind – and I thought that it would be a treat to serve something different after Christmas dinner.
Here is an interesting recipe I found at Recipezaar:
3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
1 cup freshly ground coffee (preferrable a mild roast)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
5 teaspoons ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon brandy
1 tablespoon sugar
7 cups water
1. Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in a large bowl to soft peaks.
2. Add powdered sugar and brandy; beat to peaks.
3. Place ground coffee, cardamom, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in coffee filter.
4. Using spoon, mix gently.
5. Add water to the coffee maker and brew according to manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Divide coffee among 8 cups.
7. Garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately.
I have not tried it yet but it looks simple enough and I am sure that the mix of spices will tickle everyone’s fancy.
Originally posted on December 17, 2007 @ 1:24 am