So, you’ve been drinking coffee a while. You love its taste and savor its aroma everyday. But do you really know your coffee? Aside from standing in line and ordering it from your favorite barista, what do you know about it?
Take this quick coffee quiz and check how much you know. It’s a short quiz so try not to scan for the answers til you’ve answered the questions.
- What color are the best coffee berries when they are picked?
- Where did the Cappuccino get its name?
- Which country produces the most coffee beans?
- What is the best coffee in the world?
- What is a burr mill?
Here are the answers. Hope you didn’t peek:
- The greatest and most conscientious coffee pickers will get the red berries. Each branch of a coffee plant produces many berries, which are in various states of ripeness. Green is unripe, red is ripe and black is overripe.
- Cappuccino is said to have gotten its name because the peak of foam resembles the cowl of the habit of a Capuchin friar.
- Brazil is currently the world’s largest producer of coffee beans. They supply a third of the world’s coffee.
- The best coffee in the world is the Jamaican Blue Mountain. True blue mountain coffee is expensive but is worth every cent or shilling you pay for it.
- A burr mill is the preferred tool for grinding coffee beans. It has adjustable blades that makes it possible to have a more consistent grind
Originally posted on July 13, 2006 @ 8:15 pm